This Notice explains how Forever Resorts SA (Pty) Ltd. obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”). At Forever Resorts (including this website) we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
About the Company
Forever Resorts Lodges Hotels and Retreats is one of the top tourism and hotel groups in South Africa. With more than 15 leisure and corporate destinations to choose from, Forever Resorts Lodges Hotels and Retreats offers something for everyone - luxury lodges, adventure holidays, self catering holidays, caravanning & camping, conferences, weddings, corporate functions, health hydros, beauty spas and much more. Forever Resorts offers the discerning traveller a superb variety of three, four and five star properties strategically situated in key areas, throughout South Africa. With most of the properties located in Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Free State and Western Cape, Forever Resorts offer business travel as well as holiday destinations as diverse as the many cultures within South Africa.
- You are a visitor of this website, or any of the websites of properties owned by Forever Resorts SA.
- You have previously made a reservation to stay at, or make use of the facilities at Forever Resorts SA.
- You are a client (natural or juristic entity) of Forever Resorts SA. A client would include, but is not limited to, guests who stay at Forever Resorts SA, travel agents, and corporate event organisers.
- You have previously signed up for the Forever Resorts SA newsletter, or made enquiries about the products and services offered by Forever Resorts SA.
How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. In addition, where necessary your information may be retained for legal or research purposes.
- To gather required contact information to process and confirm reservations;
- To confirm and verify your identity, or that you are an authorised user;
- To gather contact information when signing up for our e-mail newsletter;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
Definition of personal information
According to the Act ‘‘personal information’’ means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person. Further to the POPI Act, Forever Resorts SA also includes the following items as personal information to fulfil its obligation to its clients:
- Personal identification: your title, name, surname, and identification number;
- Contact information: your phone number and email address;
- Domicile information: your physical address and resident status;
- Postal information: your postal address;
- Reservation information: arrival and departure date, property of reservation, accompanying guest (can include details of children);
- Company information when applicable: Company name, address, and VAT number;
- Reservation history: a record of previous visits and stays, including the financial history for accounting purposes;
- Specific information: personal preferences, special requests, vehicle registration number and surveillance for security purposes in public areas;
- Location information: your estimated location as gathered by website statistics analysis software to be used for market research purposes;
- Financial records: your transaction history, proof of payments, and credit card and / or bank account details;
- Medical information: specific information related to your health and safety like COVID screening information, wheelchair accessibility requests, dietary requirements, health information shared when making use of health and wellness facilities that are available at selected Forever SA properties.
Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information as part of the process to deliver products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that our employees and service providers comply with the privacy requirements as set out by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
We may disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of the law;
- Where employees require your personal information to fulfil their duties to render our products and services to you;
- Where joint content and services like registration, transactions and customer support is shared between the various properties of Forever Resorts SA;
- Where service providers under contract with Forever Resorts SA provide certain products and services that forms part of our business operations;
- To credit bureaus to report account information as permitted by law;
- To banking establishment as required by credit card association rules;
- To regulating authorities as required by law or governmental audit;
- To law enforcement if required by a subpoena or court order, or to comply with the law;
- When it is required to protect the health and safety of the general public or individual;
- To compile aggregate statistics to advertisers or business partners as reasonably necessary for the purposes of maintenance, analysis, auditing, and marketing.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
Additional online services
- Online web chat: We may make use of an online chat facility on selected pages of our websites and mobile application platforms. This chat feature is initiated by visitors who choose to use this service. All conversations are monitored for quality assurance purposes.
- Encryption: We employ all practical and reasonable measures to secure your personal information from unauthorised access. When personal information and payment processing information is transmitted, it is protected through the use of encryption technology that includes the use of the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. Our online hosting and communication systems operate in a secure environment that makes use of firewall and advanced security measures to reduce the risk of attack from intruders.
- Cookies: Web cookies are small snippets of code that contains information about the content you view on our websites. Web cookies are primarily used to keep transaction sessions alive and to improve the speed of content delivery on our websites. Cookies and sessions are set to expire when the user completed the transaction or leaves the website. Unless explicitly set by the user (user browser settings), No information set by cookies are intentionally stored after a session / visit expires.
Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the numbers / addresses as provided on our website and specify what information you require. We will need a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will require a copy of your ID document to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
Forever Resorts SA will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil its purpose:
- As required or authorised by law;
Forever Resorts SA do not accept responsibility in respect of privacy policies and practices of third party websites that link to or from Forever Resorts SA. Users are advised to pay attention to the content of privacy statements on other websites to get an understanding of how personal information is collected and used.
How to contact us
please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about this notice, need further information about our privacy practices, wish to withdraw consent, exercise preferences, access, or correct your personal information.