Pretoria – Non-professional Road cyclist will have an opportunity to participate in the Mpumalanga Cycle tour that takes place around the Panorama Route in January next year. The organisers of the event today announced that a Corporate Challenge for all 6 stages of the event have been added.
Non-professional teams can join the pro’s on each of the stages covering a total of 749 km around Mpumalanaga. The route has climbs of more than 11 500 metres and takes riders from Loskop Dam, through Badplaas and Barberton to Hazyview, Pilgrims Rest and all along the Panorama Route including Blyde Canyon and Graskop to end at the Forever Hotel @ White River. The tour starts on Monday 18 January and ends on Saturday 23 January 2016.
Companies or groups may enter a team of any size and all riders need not ride every stage. The best time of a team rider for each stage will be taken into account in determining the teams overall time for the Tour. “We trust that companies will take up the challenge to allow their riders to participate in this tour de force and have the opportunity to ride in the tracks of the late Ertjies Bezuidnhout and other well-known South African Cyclists” said Mr Hendrik Wagner, Tour organizer. The challenge will be known as the Forever Corporate Cycle Challenge as Forever Resorts, together with the Mpumalanga Department of Culture, Sport and Recreation and Europcar is the main sponsors of the event. The Forever Corporate Cycle Challenge will carry a first prize of R10 000, second prize of R5 000 and the team finishing third will get R3 000. The Mpumalanga Cycle Tour carries a total prize fund of R200 000.
- All 6 stages are in play.
- No restriction on number of riders per team.
- Best time of a team member on each stage to count.
- Best team time to win the corporate tour prize of R10 000
- 2nd R7 000
- 3rd R3 000
- A minimum of one rider per team per day.
- At least one team member to complete each stage to qualify for official time.
- Entry R100 per stage per rider
- Entries on registration day 17 Jan 2016 at Loskopdam, A Forever Resort.
- ONLY membership and day license holders can be part of the corporate challenge. No full license. (no professional riders)
- Enquiries Race Organiser Hendrik Wagener 082 741 1514
Issued by: Christo Wagenaar on behalf of the Mpumalanga Cycle Tour
Tel: (012) 423 5632
Cell: (083) 628 2059
|< Prev||Next >|